justify an A-, A, or A+
- Has not been absent for more than one
day. (Time missed needs to be made up with extra credit - students need
to ask me.)
- Was with the group for almost the whole
time AND participated (it is okay if you were either helping another
group or were seeking help from another group as long as you told your
group where you were going and why and you didn't socialize at all).
A person who is present still needs to work with her/his group!
- Learned ALL the content that was being
studied and can discuss it at length. After all, that's why we're here!
justify a B-, B, or B+
- Has not been absent for more than two
to three days.
- Was with the group for most of the time
but on a few occassions visited with friends in other groups, OR the
student was not paying attention to what her/his teammates were doing
or s/he did not participate (did not give opinions, ideas suggestions,
- Learned MOST (not all) of the content
that was being studied and can discuss it with errors and help.
justify a C-, C, or C+
- Has been absent for more than four days.
- Was away from the group very frequently,
or a few times each day OR did not pay much attention or did not help
much or made trouble for the group instead of helping. (The teacher
had to find you or redirect you back to your group or point out that
you were off-task on more than one occasion.)
- Learned very little of
the content that was being studied and cannot discuss it
D or F
- Was absent most of the time or really
did not do much. It is very difficult to get a D or an F because it
means that you worked hard to do nothing.
- This does not include
students who are new to the district or school; they
start with a clean slate